Whirlpool Electric Water Heater
Whirlpool is world's largest manufacturer of home appliances in the world and it owns many brands including Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Jenn-Air, Inglis, Gladiator GarageWorks, Estate, Brastemp, Bauknecht etc. The company is US based and has been around more than 100yrs.
Whirlpool manufactures a wide range of home appliances, including water heaters. They manufacture both gas based and electric water heaters. While most people are moving towards solar based water heaters, it is not always feasible to have alternate energy source working in certain environment conditions when the climate is very cold and the sunshine is limited. This makes total sole reliance on solar water heating system impractical. In such scenarios, energy efficient electric water heaters are a good solution.
Whirlpool is known for its Energy smart electric water heaters. Whirlpool electric water heaters are available in various size and capacities and types to meet your requirements.
Some of the features of whirlpool electric water heater include copper based heating elements for better efficiency, anti-corrosion protection, and tank completed with ceramic and non-CFC polyurethane foam to minimize heat loss. Some of the advanced models include self-diagnostic electric control, electronic thermostat and energy smart module. Let us have a look at the key features of Whirlpool, which are seen in all the water heater models:
1. Element of electric water heater: The element consists of an inner wire surrounded by filler material enclosed in a sheath of copper or stainless steel. Different types of materials and wattages are used in elements to meet the specific heating requirements. The tanks are coated with ceramic to prevent corrosion.
2. Energy Smart Module: Whirlpool water heaters come with advanced Energy Smart Module user interface, which allows users to adjust the temperature and operating mode of water heater and to view diagnostic information without removing water heater components. This advanced feature maximizes heating of water and at the same time reduces energy costs. It also comes with SmartPort located at the top of the water heater, which can be used for future utility demand response and other thermostat applications.
3. The Energy Smart electric water heaters have three operating modes- Standard, vacation and Energy Smart. In the Standard mode, water is heated at the set level, whereas in the Energy Smart mode, the controls automatically adjust temperature of hot water. The Vacation mode is an easy way to save energy and reduce cost while you are away from home for a longer period.
4. Durability: Choosing a Whirlpool water heater means plenty of hot water for many years. Manufactured by good quality materials and advanced technology, Whirlpool appliances are durable and reliable.
5. Easy to install and maintain: Whirlpool water heaters are installed by a professional technician or you can also install it by yourself by simple DIY steps.
6. Warranty: All the Whirlpool water heaters are backed by company's warranty, hence reassuring you replacement in case of damaged product.
Whirlpool electric water heaters are cost efficient and energy saving appliances that give maximum outcome in a cold climate or when the sunshine is limited.